Prep time: 10-15 min | Cook time: 10-15min | Serving: 12 pancakes
· 2 cup (240g) The Kind Harvest Co. Self-Raising Flour
· 1 tsp (4g) bicarb soda
· 1 tbsp (14.4g) lemon juice
· ½ tsp (3g) salt
· 4 tbsp (50g) sugar
· 1/6 tsp (1g) salt
· 1 ¾ cup (430ml) milk
· 2 large (100g) whole eggs
· 4 tbsp (56ml) flavourless oil
· 2 tsp (8.4ml) vanilla extract
· Oil spray (for cooking)
Spice Mix (can also be store bought)
· 1 tbsp (8g) cinnamon powder
· 1 tsp (2g) clove powder
· ¼ tsp (0.5g) all spice
· ½ tsp (1.4g) ginger powder
· 1/8 tsp (1g) ground nutmeg
· 1/8 tsp (0.2g) ground white pepper
· Dollop of vanilla ice cream
· Gingerbread biscuit (crushed)
· Caramel sauce
1. Mix milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Set aside for 5 minutes till slightly curdled, then add in eggs and oil. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, mix all dry ingredients together, then add in liquid ingredients. Whisk together well, then set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
3. Preheat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, spray with oil, then wipe with paper towel (this eliminates spotty, uneven browned surface of the pancake).
4. With a ladle, scoop the batter ¾ full, then drop the batter (positioning the ladle as closely to the bottom of the pan to obtain a better shape), then cook one side until bubbling is visible on the surface, then flip and continue cooking, lowering the heat, if necessary, until fully cooked.
5. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream (optional), crushed biscuit, and a drizzle of caramel sauce for garnish.